What is Removable Splint?
Removable splints are devices that are used by children using mixed dentition (mouth contains both milk and permanent teeth). These appliances are designed in a way that children can easily insert and remove them any time.
When is Removable Splint applied?
Removable splint is applied in the following cases:
- Chewing and speech dysfunction
- Crowded and displaced teeth
- Limited tooth movements during cross-bite correction
- Widening of dental arch if there is jaw stenosis
- Tongue thrusting, thumbsucking, wrong swallowing
Using removable splints in the early periods, skeletal problems due to faulty habits can be prevented or can reduced the severity of the current problem and prepare for orthodontic treatments.
Advantages of Removable Splint
- Quickly corrects protruding or receding jaws
- Functional and durable
- Solves simple orthodontic problems quickly
- Easy to clean since they are removable
- Resistant to shock and hard food
- Does not cause allergic reaction
For intraoral apparatus treatment, you can book an appointment with Aydınlar Dental specialist using the form below. For further details, you can check our frequently asked questions, or you can send us your message using the same form.