Invisalign (Transparent Aligners)
With the development of technology, transparent aligners as alternatives, which are more aesthetic compared to conventional brackets, have become more popular. These method are frequently preferred by adults because they are removable and is not made of metal.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign, also known as wireless orthodontics, is an effective treatment method applied for correction using transparent aligners that are suitable to your teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign
Transparent aligners are invisible from the outside and do not disturb the aesthetic appearance. Invisalign is a very attractive treatment for patients with crooked teeth because they are adhered to the teeth, do not cause discomfort unlike the conventional metal wires and are removable.
In addition, these aligners are custom made and dental visits are less often than conventional brackets.
How is Invisalign applied?
Transparent aligner treatment begins by identifying if you are suitable for the treatment with your specialist evaluating your teeth and occlusion.
- When a patient is a good candidate for transparent aligners, impressions are taken using special materials and are sent to the laboratory.
- The impressions taken are then scanned with laser scanners to create a 3D model of your mouth and teeth.
- The treatment is planned according to your doctor's instructions.
- Plates are produced in series and delivered to your doctor.
- At the next stage, your dentist will perform all the other necessary procedures/treatment to your teeth. A follw-up check will be needed after 6 weeks and the doctor will deliver your first plate at the same time.
- Each plate is worn for an average of two weeks and then move on the next stage.
It is very important to wear the invisalign for atleast 20 hours a day. While it is a great advantage that it is removable, it should be use with discipline for a successful results.
For Invisalign treatment, you can book an appointment with Aydınlar Dental specialist using the form below. For further details, you can check our frequently asked questions, or you can send us your message using the same form.