What are Implant Prostheses?
Implant prostheses are fixed or removable prostheses placed over the implant. It is a replacement for the real tooth and exhibits aesthetic characteristics similar to the natural tooth and restores patient’s lost chewing ability.
What are the options?
The design of the implant prosthesis may vary depending on the number of implants placed, hard and soft tissue loss after extraction and the aesthetic preference of the patient. In this context, two types of implants can be applied.
Fixed Implant Prostheses
It is type of prosthesis that is adhered to the implant or fixed with a screw. This type of treatment can be designed and completed within a single session using the computer-aided CAD-CAM systems.
Removable Implant Prostheses
It is a type of prosthesis designed in a way that patients can insert and remove them. This type of prosthesis is usually used in cases where the number of implants are kept to a minimum due to excessive bone resorption.
When are Implant Prostheses used?
- Total toothless people
- In cases of partial teeth deficiency
- Physically and chemically worn out teeth
- Implants requiring over structure
Advantages of Implant Prostheses
- In patients using traditional prostheses, the bone structure continue to resorb. This is not the case in implant prostheses.
- Implant prostheses do not move while chewing unlike the classic prostheses.
- Patients using implant prosthesis have can speak and pronounce better than patients using conventional prostheses.
To avail our implant prosthesis treatment, you can book an appointment with Aydınlar Dental specialist using the form below. For further details, you can check our frequently asked questions, or you can send us your message using the same form.