What are Porcelain Inlay- Onlay Restorations?
Porcelain inlay and onlay restorations are types of restorations that are usually preferred for replacing loss dental tissue caused by caries or trauma. Porcelain inlays are used for replacing tissue loss on the chewing surfaces of the teeth, whereas, onlays are used in cases where loss are extended from the chewing surfaces.
How are they applied?
Inlay- Onlay restorations ensure that healthy tooth tissue is preserved after decayed parts are removed and cleaned. Impression is taken for the prepared tooth by digital optical camera. After computer-aided design, porcelain inlays and onlays are produced and adhered to the teeth using special bonding materials to complete the missing parts of the teeth.
Advantages of Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
- Healthy tooth tissue is preserved since no unnecessary cuts are done
- More aesthetic and more resistant to chewing forces compared to composite fillings.
- Since porcelain is a polished surface, food residues do not lodge on the teeth and no discoloration from cigarettes and dyes that may occur over time.
- Low risk of leakage and development of new caries.
- Biologically compatible and do not cause allergic reactions
To avail porcelain inlay- onlay restoration treatment, you can book an appointment with Aydınlar Dental specialist using the form below. For further details, you can check our frequently asked questions, or you can send us your message using the same form.